History of Mission Scotland
- Working with Billy Graham Evangelistic Association promoting Dr Grahams visit in 1991
- Schools of Evangelism (1993 & 2003) - encouraging Christian leaders through teaching and networking in their desire to share the Gospel.
- Release the Power (1997) – a weekend event for three thousand 18-30 years olds designed to inspire through teaching, worship and interaction.
- Ten10 (2003/4)- a longer term missional project fostering whole life evangelism in the 20-40 age group.
- Thirst for Life (2004) – a day long gathering of 20-30’s from across Scotland for celebration, inspiration and worship.
Since 2005 Mission Scotland has intentionally maintained a lower profile whilst maintaining its active involvement in Christian ministry and training. Through these last years the organisation has held a number of smaller leadership seminars principally for young Christian leaders with a passion for mission.
In 2007 we commissioned a research project designed to look at current trends in Scottish society. The aim of the project was to guide Mission Scotland more purposefully in what its future role might become. This work was completed in March 2008 and in response to its discoveries we are now moving forward in a number of key areas.
- Website engagement
- Leadership training with a missional focus
- Evangelism – researching and developing innovative approaches to help reach today’s generation